Wednesday 30 April 2008

Emergency Boy!

Michael, Jr. has finally been given his Super Hero name! I know you were all waiting. With a father like Michael Monster and a mother known to criminals everywhere as Death Ray it was a sure thing that he would emerge as a powerful force for . . . something. And now we know what his power is. It is to get hurt, alot.

He has now been to the hospital four times in the month or so we have been here. He went first when a spider bite turned into a draining pus blister on his hand that migrated to his neck. That's how we learned not to play in any sand on Okinawa that is not near a beach. Then he woke me up one night to ask for a drink of water, only to present me with the dilemma of a 106 fever. Fun ride to the hospital at 2am. That lasted til 4am and ended with security pulling me over and asking why I was out so late. This is when we considered 'Alibi Boy' as his name. But we waited. Then twice in the last two weeks we have had to have Xrays on Michael's left foot because disastrous attempts to climb the piano and slide down the hall in his socks left him without the ability to walk to the pooper on his own. Emergency!

So, with no broken bones, but an unbroken record of beating his brother to the hospital with a case of the dumbs, we now present to you. Emergency Boy, defeater of sleep for his parents, champion of worry and defender of the mid-list novel. That last one was for 'You've Got Mail' fans.

Love you all, see you later. Mike, Sr.

2 comments:

skousenscrolls said...

You guys are so cute! Wow, sounds like you have quite the boy.

DANIEL MONTEITH said...

Mike Jr has gone to the hospital more times than I have in my entire life, which includes being hit by a car, tennis racket, and the ground (the ground gets a bad rap here cuz technically I flung myself into it from my bike).

He'll make a great scout leader one day!

-Daniel Monteith