Friday 15 January 2010

Viewer Discretion is Advised! (Subtitled: Just Like in 'Nam)

Well, I was on the phone the other day when I looked out the window at our neighbor's house and saw an ambulance, a fire truck, and a patrol unit! I was worried, not only because it's our neighbor, and one of my home teaching families, but because Desiree and the boys were over there playing after school. So I ran over and what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a miniature child and a bunch of blood!

Zachary was the victim of what we call 'the rough and tumble' and hit his head on the corner of a wall. There was quite a bit of blood as you can see. The responders from Base Medical said he was fine though and barely had a lump. He didn't have to go to the hospital, but he and Mommy needed a bath and a change of clothes to get rid of the evidence. Here are some great shots. Not for the faint of heart!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crikey! (Is that how you spell that?) I thought you lived on a peacful military base?!

Unknown said...

This reminds me of Michael and Adam practicing the same type of blood-letting at about the same age. Also reminds me of some TV shows I have seen recently.

Be careful.
Mom Monteith

Pautlitz Blog said...

Oh my goodness! I am glad to see Zach is doing fine. How scary!!!

Love the pictures!

Heidi said...

Abby did the same thing last year (as in a few months ago)! The head wounds sure bleed a lot, don't they? We now have a nice dent in the corner of the wall to remind us of Abby's fall. She was taming a wild tiger when it happened! She may have busted her scalp open, but she ended up on top! Go Abby!

Zach looks very brave! : )

milojohn5 said...

Ouch. But at least mom's smiling, so it can't be that bad.

skousenscrolls said...

Wow that is a lot of blood! So so glad he is okay.

Deah said...

Hi Desiree,
I have a new blog. How are you doing? It looks like your hands are full! When I was teaching, one of my special ed. kids fell off the desk and he cut his head open and there was so much blood. The secretary lady told me not to worry beacause head injuries always have so much blood, but it is usually a small cut!

Natalie said...

what that??? awww