Wednesday 17 December 2008

A Mother Venting :(

O.k. everyone. I am going to do some venting. I don't normally do this online. I usually call a tons of people to let them know, but I feel this is important. I had to pull my son out of preschool because of bullying, and now choir practice. These pictures are what happened in choir practice when he was playing in the children's bedroom.
He was hiding in the closet and they went after him. He tried to leave but they wouldn't let him. I am livid. I teach my boys the 3 strikes you are out rule. This week I have really been enfasizing(sp?) how the Lord made our bodies and spirit and is our job to protect them. When asked what to do, my son Zach now likes to say "block and punch". I understand a little rough housing, but when you son comes out with blood on his face and shirt, that is different. As a mother I will be his shadow for a long while, until I know he can properly punch someone in the nose. My opinion might change, but in the state I am in right now. I don't see that happening. If I decide to homeschool , or not have babysitters, or not have certain people over, or not go to choir practice, or anything to keep my kids safe, that is my right and job as a mother. This should not be happening at such a tender age. What are parents not teaching there kids?
I don't want to judge, but I am appalled. Anyways, I am looking for the possibility of leaving this island as soon as possible. I love my boys. They are everything to me. All 3 of them. Sorry I am a downer right now. Not that many of you have seen this side of me. Take care. Love you, Desiree

8 comments:

Heidi said...

What the heck??? I really don't even know what to say because this is so crazy. What kind of kids are these? What did the parents say when they saw his face?

Rose and the Princesses said...

WOW. You have all the right to be upset this is horrible! Poor guy

Anonymous said...

That is so sad! I was upset on the phone, but now seeing the pictures....ERGH! I wish I could give you both a big hug! Hang in there sis! I love you! You have a wonderful family!

milojohn5 said...

That's pretty bad (and even worse, considering their ages.) What were they fighting with -- chains?

Don't homeschool, except as a last resort. Better that they learn self-defense and other coping styles.

Still, that is pretty freaking unbelievable that small kids are doing that kind of damage to each other. I hope their parents were suitably mortified.

Pautlitz Blog said...

Oh Desiree,
That is so sad! You will be in my prayers as you try to glorify the Lord during this tough situation.

Teach you kids to forgive 70X7 but just because you forgive does not mean you have to continue to have those people in your life.

I can't believe that whoever was in charge allowed this to happen. You need to have a serious discussion with all the people who were there! UNACCEPTABLE! !

I love you. Your in my prayers tonight. I pray for healing emotionally and physically.

All my love,

Jen

Daniel and Karen said...

I cannot believe these pictures! How horrible! And I completely agree with your opinion to make sure they can sufficiently defend themselves. I mean, I'm all for making sure my kids are taught that its not right to start fights, but there is no way I'm gonna let my kids not know how to defend themselves after this. Unbelieveable! You are so completely justified in being upset! I feel so badly for you all!
-Karen

Anonymous said...

Desiree, you kn how I feel from our conversation but seeing the pics makes it so much worse! You know you are in my prayers.
Love, Rachel

drb42 said...

Desiree,
your boys are growing up! They are so cute! I am so sad that i missed your call! My church is from 1-4! It is not cool! Do you guys have snow over there?